Plan ahead and think with your heart, then make a list that includes:
- Who to give – Family members, Co-workers, Boss, Clients, Babysitter, Mail carrier, Doormen etc.
- How much you want to spend – Always stick to your budget, for the co-worker, boss or clients. You also have to consider the company policy/guide line.
- What to give – Don’t try to find something “Unusual” or “different”, think what they really want. (Take their personal test, life style, hobbies/interests in consideration)
It’s OK to ask people for hints or a wish list. You can even take photos and gather ideas during the year and save them in your smart phone. When it comes to shopping, smart phones are really a time saver.
- Where to get the gifts – Use the list, schedule a time to shop in person or go online.
- When to give – Send the gifts by mail: consider the delivery time; give them in-person: make sure the recipient will be in.
Remember not everyone celebrates the holidays the way you do. So if you send a holiday card, you shall be mindful about the message. A hand writing note with simple “Season’s Greeting” “Happy Holidays” is always appropriate.
I hope you find these tips helpful and have fun with your holiday shopping. “Happy Holidays” everyone.
Thank you for reading,
With my best wishes until next time
Follow us on Twitter@SPimage
Join Us on Facebook/SPimageconsulting